What's The Difference - R.Massey
- What’s the difference in an atheist that does not pray and a Christian that does not pray? Are they not doing the exact same thing—ignoring God?
- What’s the difference in an unconverted sinner that does not teach his children the Bible and a Christian that does not teach his children the Bible? The outcome is the same—no food for the soul?
- What is the difference in a drunken sailor that uses curse words and a Christian that uses curse words? Aren’t they both violating God’s instructions about pure speech?
- What is the difference between a convicted felon who cheated on his taxes and a Christian who cheats on his taxes but hasn’t been caught yet? Isn’t the only difference, one is in jail and the other is not?
- What is the difference between road-rage exhibited by a reprobate and road-rage exhibited by a Christian? Can one be justified and the other one not?
- What is the difference in an atheist, who has no faith in God, and a Christian whose faith is not actively obeying God (Jas. 2:26 dead faith)? Neither one is serving the true and living God. The only difference is, one says he believes in God and the other one doesn’t.
If a Christian commits the same sins as non-Christians, then there is no difference because neither has followed the scriptures. In such cases the Christian will receive the same punishment on judgment day as the non-Christian. Being called “a Christian” is no advantage to those that do not obey God’s word (Matt. 7:21-27). Let’s all be sure that we are not pretending to be a Christian—but that we truly are following the word of God in our lives each day.
Tagged with Russ Earl